This is the most basic form of treatment with very less intervention. It is the production of an egg by a woman who has never produced an egg before or produces eggs infrequently. The stimulation of the ovary by fertility medication is desired and aims at increasing the number of eggs per cycle thereby increasing the chances of pregnancy. Tablets and injections are prescribed in the first ten days of the period and growth of the on-going egg sacs (follicles) is monitored by transvaginal scanning. Once the optimum size of follicles is achieved, medication (Inj hCG) is advised to trigger the release after maturation of egg (ovulation) from the ovarian follicle. This is the fertile period that is to be consummated naturally by timed intercourse or treatments are performed in this fertile period.
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is one of the most commonly used Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART) to treat infertility. It is the process of placing washed sperm, through the cervix, into the upper uterine cavity. The IUI procedure bypasses the cervix and places sperm directly into the uterus, closer to the fallopian tubes, around the time of ovulation. This way, there is a better chance that more sperm will make their way and reach the egg. In practice this is usually combined with Controlled Ovarian Hyper-stimulation so that there is more than one egg available for fertilization.
IVF & ICSI PROCESS
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a process by which an egg is fertilized by sperm In Vitro or outside the body, in a laboratory. If the sperm fertilizes the egg, an embryo is formed which is allowed to develop in the laboratory and is then transferred into the woman's uterus where it will hopefully implant and develop further. The main steps in an IVF cycle are:
• Every Patient has to Undergo Hysteroscopy and Endometrial TB PCR Examination Except those going for Surrogacy.
• Husband’s Semen Analysis by Embryologist is Must.
• Husband’s Semen is Frozen Beforehand for Safety.
• Treatment Starts from 21st Day of Previous Cycle or From Day - 2 of the Cycle.
• She Needs to take Injections Subcutaneously or Intramuscularly for around 10 - 15 Days.
• Once Follicles gets Proper Size, Inj HCG is given for final Maturation of Follicle and Rupture.
• After 35 hours of HCG Injection the Female Needs to Undergo Oocyte Retrieval Under Short GA.
• Once the Oocytes are Out and the Husband gives Semen, the Embryology Procedure Starts.
• Next Step is Fertilization of Oocyte by Sperm (IVF/ICSI).
• After Fertilization the Zygote (Fertilized Oocytes) are put in Culture Medium in the Incubator for 2 to 3 Days Depending Upon the Day of Transfer.
• 4 - Cell Embryos on Day - 2 or 8 Cell Embryos on Day - 3 are Transferred.
• We Recommend Maximum 3 Embryos to be Transferred and Blastocyst Transfer in Selected Cases.
• Patient is given Luteal Support, Vaginal Pessaries, Few Injections for 15 Days.
• Serum B HCG is taken for Examination in Pathology Lab after 15 Days to Check for Pregnancy.